Discover the best practices for writing secure code and stopping malicious hackers in their tracks—direct from the top security experts at Microsoft! For one week only, you can download the e-book of Writing Secure Code, Second Edition for free. This offer requires a valid Windows Live ID and the access code 7234-N4E8-4995. Activate your access code by August 28, 2008. Download the e-book today!
1) Go to http://www.microsoft.com/learning/access.
2) Type your access code. (The code is case sensitive.) You will need to accept the License Agreement before you can proceed. Click Send.
3) You will be prompted to sign in using a valid Windows Live ID. If you already have a profile on Microsoft.com, use that Windows Live ID. If you do not have a Windows Live ID, use the options on the page to sign up for one.
4) On the Thank You page, click My Learning to access the e-book.
5) On the My Learning page, scroll to the E-Reference section. Click on Writing Secure Code, Second Edition to access the e-book.
After activating the access code with your Windows Live ID, you can either download the e-book files to your computer or return to the Microsoft Learning website to access the e-book online. Online access is limited to one year from the date of activation. To access the e-book online, simply go to http://learning.microsoft.com/Manager/default.aspx and sign in using your Windows Live ID. Then click My Learning in the left navigation area to access this e-book again.